Committed to Quality Cancer Care
Close to Home
Your Life, Our Commitment
The Road to Recovery
Should Be Close to Home
Welcome to Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia – Snellville
Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia was founded in 1984 by renowned radiation oncologist Dr. Frank Critz. It is a center of excellence in radiation treatment for cancer. We use the latest radiation technology and meticulous research to treat men and women with different types of cancer, including breast, prostate, lung, colon, lymphatic and many others. Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia is also home to the oldest and most successful prostate seed implant program in existence.
We started with one location in Conyers, Georgia, a quiet suburb of Atlanta. But over the years, we’ve branched out with offices throughout the metro Atlanta. As we’ve expanded, our reputation has grown as well. Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia has become one of the country’s top cancer treatment and research facilities, especially in the area of prostate cancer.
RCOG – Snellville provides radiation therapy utilizing the most advanced technologies available. We provide quality cancer care in a calm, friendly environment. We offer integrative oncology services to our patients that include nutritional counseling and Life After Cancer programs. There is no longer need to travel outside of Snellville to get the most advanced technology in radiation therapy. Why endure the hassles and expense of traveling for radiation treatment when everything you need is here in Snellville. We invite you to stop by our center to see what we can offer you or your loved one in need of radiation treatments.
Tracy McElveen, MD
Tracy McElveen, MD is board certified as a Radiation Oncologist by the American Board of Radiology.
Dr. Tracy L. McElveen of Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia – Snellville is a board certified Radiation Oncologist and her expertise includes Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Brachytherapy, and Image Guided Radiation.
Dr. McElveen believes in providing quality, personalized cancer care in a community setting, and demonstrates that commitment daily in her patient care activities.
She serves as, the Medical Director of the Integrative Oncology Program for Vantage Oncology nationally, a member of the Medical Executive Committee and Oncology Committee for Eastside hospital, and is on the Board of Governors for hospital administration.
She graduated summa cum laude from Stetson University, and received her medical degree from the University of South Florida College of Medicine. After completing her residency at Thomas Jefferson University where she served as Chief Resident, Dr McElveen relocated to Atlanta. Prior to joining Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia, she was Department Chairman of Radiation Oncology at Northside Hospital.
In 2008, Dr. McElveen was named the American Cancer Society Physician Liaison and served for the Commission on Cancer. Dr McElveen appeared on cover of “MD News” for her knowledge and development of a Stereotactic Radiosurgery Program.
Specializing in women’s malignancies, Dr. McElveen was a partial breast irradiation pioneer and endorsed by MammoSite® Targeted Radiation Therapy. After graduating summa cum laude from Stetson University, Dr. McElveen was given the Etter McTeer Turner Award, for achieving the highest standard of excellence in academic performance, leadership, community service, personal character and integrity.
Dr. McElveen is an active member of the American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology, the Society of Gynecologic Oncology and the Society of Integrative Oncology. She has spoken nationally and internationally in the field of Oncology and published in several peer reviewed journals.
• Medical School: University of South Florida College of Medicine
• American Board of Radiology
• Therapeutic Radiology
• American Board of Radiology
• American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
• Medical Association of Georgia
• Society of Integrative Oncology
• Society of Gynecologic Oncology Internship
Voted Top Doctor in Atlanta, Atlanta Magazine, 2016
• Tracy L. McElveen, M.D., Frank M. Waterman, Ph.D., Hayeon Kim, M.S., Adam P. Dicker M.D., Ph.D. Urinary incontinence following prostate brachytherapy. Basic and Advanced Techniques in Prostate Brachytherapy, Martin Dunitz, 2005.
• The Perfect Combination of Technology and Expertise, Cover Story. M.D. News, Oct 2007; Vol.9, No.8.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
• Tracy L. McElveen, M.D., Frank M. Waterman, Ph.D., Hayeon Kim, M.S., Adam P. Dicker M.D., Ph.D. Factors predicting for urinary incontinence following prostate brachytherapy. International Journal Radiation Oncology Biology and Physics, 2004; 59(5); 1395-1404.
• Raed S Behbehani, FRCSC, Tracy L. McElveen , M.D., David W. Andrews, M.D., Walter J. Curran, M.D., Robert C Sergott, M.D., Peter J Savino , M.D. Stereotactic fractionated radiotherapy for parasellar meningiomas, a preliminary report of visual outcomes. British Journal of Opthomology, 2005;89:130-133.
• Tracy L. McElveen, M.D., Walter J. Curran, David W. Andrews, M.D. Summary of the RTOG 95-08phase III randomized trial of whole brain radiation with or without stereotactic radiosurgery boost, including presentation of a clinical case study. American Journal of Oncology Review. 2004;3(10); 592-600.
University of South Florida College of Medicine
• Radiographic and Pathologic Correlation of Gastrointestinal Diseases.
• An intranet web-based teaching instrument. www.hsceducate.hsc.usf.edu
• Tracy L. McElveen, M.D., Frank M. Waterman, Ph.D., Hayeon Kim, M.S., Adam P. Dicker M.D., Ph.D. Factors predicting for urinary incontinence following prostate brachytherapy.
• Oral Presentation; ESTRO/ABS meeting Barcelona, Spain 2004
• Poster Discussion; ASTRO meeting Atlanta, GA 2004
• Tracy L. McElveen, M.D., Kathleen Settle, M.D., Maria Werner-Wasik, M.D., Walter J. Curran, David W. Andrews, M.D. Improvement in cranial neuropathies and vision after stereotactic radiotherapy for skull based Meningiomas.
• Poster Discussion; ASTRO meeting Denver, CO 2005
CT Scanning & Simulation
Eclipse Treatment Planning System
High Dose Rate Brachytherapy (HDR)
Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
Volumetric Arc Therapy
News / Events
(June 23, 2016) ATLANTA, Ga. – Every year Atlanta magazine’s editorial staff partners with the New York-based research firm, Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., to assist in producing our Top Docs issue. The issue is immensely popular among our readers, and the Top Doctors covet the honor of being named in the issue. This year’s reception […]Read More
Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia – 25 Year Disease Free Survival Rate after Irradiation of Prostate Cancer
(March 15, 2013) Newswise – ATLANTA, Ga. – The March 2013 issue of The Journal of Urology, the official journal of The American Urological Association, includes a study conducted by four physicians from Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia (RCOG), a Vantage Oncology affiliate. This study, 25 Year Disease Free Survival Rate after Irradiation of Prostate Cancer […]Read More
What Our Patients Are Saying
"I’ve interacted with lots of the staff and they are intelligent, kind and it is like friends and family to come here every day. It makes the treatments much, much easier." - Former Patient of Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia - Snellville
"I was so impressed by the gentle, kindness that I was met with every time I came for treatment." - Former Patient of Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia - Snellville
"The staff is so welcoming and make you feel right at home." - Former Patient of Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia - Snellville
"It’s been very nice….they know ME, and what’s going on in my life and that makes you feel good." - Former Patient of Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia - Snellville